These naturally sweetened, gluten-free, vegan overnight oats are a tasty and nutritious staple for my mornings! I wake up at 5am for work everyday, so I love having something quick and easy that I can grab on my way out the door and eat when I get to work. I used to make delicious smoothies every morning, but unfortunately I have a very sensitive stomach and cold foods and drinks tend to make me very nauseous and sick. These Overnight Oats are so easy, healthy and delicious and are perfect for a grab-and-go kind of morning!
One of my favourite things about this recipe is that it is more of just a guideline… you can substitute, add or remove as many ingredients as you want! The ingredients I have listed below are all certified gluten and dairy free to support my diet requirements. Feel free to add as little or as many delicious nut butters, fruits, seeds and spices you want!
Total Time Required
6 hours, 5 minutes (5 minute prep – 6 hour chill)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1.5 tbsp chia seeds
- 1.5 tbsp organic almond butter
- 1/2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 sliced banana
- Handful of blueberries
- 1/2 tbsp flaxseed meal
- To a mason jar, small container or bowl, add almond milk, chia seeds, almond butter, coconut sugar and cinnamon and mix together. Add oats, stir and press until all oats are moist and submerged in almond milk. I added a few blueberries to the mixture here as well.
- Cover securely with lid or plastic wrap and let set in the refrigerator overnight, or for at least 6 hours.
- Once set, garnish with your desired fruit, drizzle with honey and sprinkle flaxseed meal on top.